To build a virtual “Department of Statistical Science” with interdisciplinary collaboration by allying the research groups of statistical science fragmented across the University.
Diversity, consolidation, and international competitiveness in Statistical Science.
There are several existing groups of statistical scientists across the University:
○ those with demonstrated world-class research results: publication in the leading international academic journals with peer review, numerous awards given by academic societies, etc.
○ those in different research fields but with common technical interests: high-dimensional data analyses, big data analyses, etc. (Some breakthroughs could be shared.).
- Enhancement of research capability through interdisciplinary collaboration among statistical scientists
- Increase of the possibilities of winning large-scale research funds
- Growth of potential for hosting international conferences
- Improvement of public relations) (creating and maintaining a website)
- Contribution to the internationalization)of departments (with research activities of post-doctoral researchers recruited through international job announcements)
- Rise of acceptance rates for international academic journals in the related disciplines (spillover effect of the other outcomes)